- Fresh fruits (kiwi, strawberries, nectarines, plums, blueberries and more)
- Apricot jam
- Frozen pie crust
- Cream cheese
1. Prepare the pie crust as directed on the box.
2. Allow the pie crust to cool after baking. As it cools off, cut round fruits into slices and place them on the side.
3. Take about 1/2 cup of cream cheese and mix in 3 tbsp of sugar. Keep stirring until the sugar is mixed in really well.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the pie crust.
5. Arrange the fruit on top of the cream cheese mixture as you like it.
6. Take about 1/4 cup of apricot jam and half 1/4 cup of water and simmer it on medium low until the jam starts to become liquidy. If the jam is still separated from the water, take a spoon and whisk the water and jam together until it combines. Once it's well mixed, take a brush and brush the jam mixture on top over the fruit. Voila! Enjoy :)
Other accomplishments this weekend:
I made a birthday banner that I can use year round for everybody's birthday. I had a blast going to Jo-Anns to pick out the fabric though it was quite a difficult choice to make.
Being put to use outside at the bbq birthday party we hosted!
I went to a really great flea market in town to see some furniture that could country-fy my home to change it from the modern home it is today. I was so glad that I didn't carry more than 20 dollars in cash or else I would have gone home with more than I could handle. What I had in mind was a wagon for my garden, a pitcher to hold my fresh cut flowers and new vintage type furniture. I went home with a great wooden red wagon (to be pictured later), a pitcher and a picnic suitcase. All of these great finds added up to $12! Woo hoo!
Pitcher in use :D with my to be made table runner underneath it.
Here's to more crafty weekends to come!